To make specific changes to PHP settings for certain scripts, it may sometimes be helpful to create or edit the php.ini file. The php.ini file is a special file that can quickly modify the server defaults for PHP settings on a specific website.
To make changes to php.ini, it is recommended to use a simple tool in cPanel called the MultiPHP INI Editor.
NOTE: Some settings cannot be changed.
To modify PHP settings:
1. Login to cPanel.
2. Under the Software section, click on the button that says MultiPHP INI Editor.
3. Select the domain you would like to modify in the dropdown.
4. Modify each PHP directive you would like to change and then click Apply at the bottom.
5. Once you click Apply, a new php.ini will be generated with the changes you have made. If some of the PHP settings are not listed under Basic mode, you can click the Editor Mode tab. This tab will show you the changes you have just made to your php.ini file, and allow you to manually add more changes.
6. For instance, if you wanted to change the memory limit to 600MB and the upload_max_filesize to 1GB, you would enter:
memory_limit = 600M
upload_max_filesize = 1G
7. Once you click Save, the changes should take affect almost immediately. To verify the settings were changed, you can create a phpinfo.php file to test this. For more information, check out this article: Link to How to make a phpinfo.php file.