In this article we will be showing you how to create a MySQL database. There are two options to create a database: MySQL Databases and MySQL Database Wizard. The Wizard option is a much more simple option, and is highly recommended for anyone creating a database. We will be going through both options below.
MySQL® Database Wizard
- Enter a name for the database and then click Next Step, this will create the database.
- Now we will need to create a username for that database with a password.
- The Final step is to select what type of privileges to give to the MySQL user. In most cases you will just select ALL PRIVILEGES.
In this option you have more freedom of control over your database. You are able to delete or rename a database, delete a user from the database, or add multiple users to a single database. You are also able to change a MySQL user password, as well rename or delete MySQL users. One last key feature is also the option to repair a database and fix any errors that show up.
- First enter the name you want for the database and click Create Database
- Then scroll down to Add New User to create a new user for that database with a password.
- Now we need to add that user to the database and assign the privileges to the user.