At Create.com we offer complimentary free manual migrations if you ever get stuck, as well as an automated cPanel-to-cPanel Migrator Tool for migrating your sites to Create.com. You can always reach out to us via email, phone, or live chat if you need help migrating your site. That being said, one very useful method of migrating your site to Create.com is via a WordPress plugin called All-in-One WP Migration. This article explains the steps for installing the plugin and migrating your site to Create.com, but for more extensive documentation on this plugin you should check out this link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/
Installing All-in-One WP Migration Plugin
** The All-In-One WP Migration plugin only exports your site’s contents and database, and not WordPress itself, as such the following installation steps need to be done on the source server, as well as the destination server.
- Login to WordPress.
- Click on the Plugins menu tab >> Click on 'Add New'.
- Search All-in-One WP Migration >> Click 'Install Now' >> Click 'Activate'
Export The Site Content
The next step is to export all of the current into a file that you'll be able to import into the new install at the destination server. All-in-One WP Migration does not have any settings, and takes a very direct approach to the task of migrating your site. Any options are included in the export and import workflow.
- To begin click the new All-in-One WP Migration tab in the menu options >> Click Export.
- There are additional options you'll see here such as the Advanced Options,The available options are exclusion options, and some are purely for troubleshooting purposes. Most users will not need, or want, to exclude any of their site’s content, but it’s worth having a look to see if any of the options apply to your site. The Find and Replace function is also at the top if needed, but most users can simply click Export To, and continue the process.
- To proceed simply click the 'Export To' tab. A drop-down appears with apparent choices of where to Export your file to. With the free version of All-In-One WP Migration, only the File option is available. All other options are individual extensions that you can purchase.
- The plugin then prepares the Export file. This may take some time, depending on the size of your site. At the end of the process, you will see a ‘Download’ button. The file is also stored in the Backups section found at All-In-One WP Migrations > Backups. Click on the Download button to download the Export file to your local computer. Again, this may take some time, depending on the size of the file and your Internet speed.
Once you have your file, you are ready to move on to the Import Process. This takes place on your new server.
Import The Site Content
** If you have not already installed the All-In-One WP Migration plugin, replicate the installation steps noted above.
Now you have your Export file, it’s time to complete the migration of your site. Regardless of whether you are moving the site from a local production site to a new server, or from one host to another, the process is exactly the same.
- To begin click the new All-in-One WP Migration tab in the menu options >> Click 'Import'.
- Next you'll see the same format as shown on the Export screen with option to 'Import From' at the top of the screen. The only thing to note here is that you might have a low Maximum Upload File Size, as shown in the image below, depending on your hosting. For more information on how to adjust your Maximum upload size click here.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: All-In-One WP Migration has a built in limit of 512MB for uploading files. To overcome this for larger sites, the Unlimited Extension must be purchased.
- Once you are ready to proceed with the import click on the 'Import From' tab >> Click 'File' >> Navigate to the exported file you downloaded to your local computer.
- Once you have chose your file, the plugin gets to work preparing the upload. You will see a flurry of activity about Preparing the upload and checking extensions compatibility etc, and then you will be presented with a screen that lets you know that by continuing on from this point, files and databases will be overwritten. Click Proceed to import your site, or Close to abort at this point. If you proceed, the import begins. This might take a while, depending on how big your site is, and the speed of your host.
- When the upload is complete, you are presented with a final screen, to let you know that your data has been successfully imported. The final thing to do, as the screen indicates, is to log in to the new site (with the old site’s credentials) and save the Permalinks twice.
This completes the process, and your site has now been migrated.