When purchasing your account with cPanel, SSH is included in your service for free. You will need to download an SSH client in order to connect to your cPanel. While there are a variety of terminals you can use, this article covers connecting to your server using PuTTY. This client is essentially the same as using it in Linux form but is tailored to be installed on Windows clients.
To connect, you can start by downloading the client here.
Once you have downloaded the client, you will need to gather your cPanel username, cPanel password, and cPanel IP (Shared IP Address). You can gather this information by following these steps:
1) Go to https://billing.create.com/
2) Login using your Google account, Facebook, or email and password depending on how you created your account.
3) Once logged in, you will want to click on "Hosting" on the left menu.
4) Then you will click on "Login to cPanel".
5) From here you will gather your login information from the right hand side under "General Information".
*If you do not remember your cPanel password, you can follow these steps to reset it here.
After this information has been gathered, you can open PuTTy and follow these steps to connect:
- Open PuTTY.
- Enter the cPanel IP in the "Host Name (or IP address)".
- Click "Open".
- Click "Accept" or "Connect Once" .
- You will enter your "cPanel Username" then press enter.
- Then you will enter your "cPanel Password" and press enter.
You're now connected via SSH using PuTTY. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please reach out.